The option to sign up to as many bookies as you like and take advantage of really attractive welcome offers puts a lot of power in the hands of the punter. Online betting sites are exceptionally competitive, most people take advantage of this by taking up introductory offers, not just to get the best value out of bets, but also to try the bookmaker services out. Modern life however seems to be becoming less loyal, many of us switch products and services regularly to get the best deals. Companies know this and therefore put a lot of effort into attracting new customers sometimes at the expense of keeping those regular customers who come back each and every week.
Familiarity is nice and many people simply don’t want to switch products and services every five minutes, their bookie included. It is annoying when you find a betting site that you like only for the incentives to dry up very quickly. Betting requires a lot of trust between the punter and the bookie and bettors want to know not only that they are safe and secure but also that their custom is recognised and rewarded. In this article we discuss some online bookies that go the extra mile for their existing customers by providing rewards, bonuses and features to keep you betting happy. For retention free bets and bonuses for racing visit our racing offers page.
Existing Customer Free Bet Clubs
As loyalty clubs go BetVictor’s is no bigger than others that are available but when you then factor in the quality of the betting site it becomes one of the best free bet clubs around. BetVictor have been an online bookie for longer than pretty much anyone else and they have huge knowledge and experience and this translates into a fantastic all around betting site that provides very good odds, expansive markets and a fantastic professional interface.
While BV have always been the best at personalised promotions they have not had a loyalty club before, now they do they really do have the all round package. To use the club opt-in and place five £5+ bets on any sports markets from Monday to Sunday (23:59) at 1/2+ odds. Do this and you will receive a £5 free bet at the start of the following week, valid 7 days and also open to any sports.
The Pools loyalty club is a little bit different. It doesn’t give back as much as a percentage as other clubs but at the same time it is no limited to specific weekly periods. Here you will get a £5 free bet for every ten £5+ Evens+ bets you place on any sports except horse racing. This can be claimed up to once per day or seven times per week with the free bet credited the day after your 10th settled bet that meets the criteria.
Free bets are then valid for one week and can be used on any sports. This makes this club far more flexible than others, which will suit certain punters.
It’s difficult to cram in all the loyalty offers that Quinnbet have. The Irish owned family bookie have a mission to make betting fairer and in an already short space of time they have lived up to that bill with some of the best exisitng customer loyalty promotions around.
To start with all customers can take part in the loyalty programme. Each week you will be contacted to claim a bespoke free bet that is based on how you bet, this gives you up to 14% of your weekly stakes back as a free bet if you account is up and up to 25% if your account is down. More consideration is given to customers who bet widely on different sports, markets, products and bet types.
This is in addition to the main bet club. This rewards customers who have five or more settled bets at evens+ before the end of Sunday each week. Place 5x£5+ bets and get £5 free, place 10x£10 bets get £10 free or 20x£20 to get £20 free. Each free token is then valid one week for use on any markets at 1/2+ odds. This club is one of the most flexible around, suiting punters who want to place a few low stakes bets up to those that want to place many more bets at higher stakes.
In addition to the loyalty weekly rewards and the bet club Quinnbet have acca bonuses, in play bonuses, money back on loses, horse racing free bets and insurance, football money back and insurance, and much more.
One of the very best betting sites for existing customer loyalty right now, and staggeringly good considering how new they are.
Free Prediction Games With Cash Prizes
Free or Four is a simple to play free football prediction game from William Hill where you can win up to £200 in free bets for selecting six games from the weekend English Premier League or EFL divisions where you think there will be three or four total goals. You only needs to be an eligible account holder to play.
Get six correct guesses and win £200 in free bets (split into eight £25 tokens), get five correct get a £5 free bet, 4 correct a £1 free bet. All free tokens are valid for 30 days for use on any sports (cash winnings, stake not returned).
The offer is usually for Saturday 3pm games. You can edit entries up to the start time of the game. The max prize pool is £1,000,000 and the top prize could be adjusted down if there are more winners than the overall prize pool can accommodate.
The Pick 6 prediction game from BetVictor gives all customers one free entry each game round for a chance to win £1,000. All you need is an account, no betting is needed to gain a free attempt each week.
Guess the correct answer to 6 questions to do with matches in the given round, usually a Premier League round of fixtures. Questions have two (e.g. will both teams score) or three (match result, win-draw-win) outcomes regarding selected matches in the round. You also need to answer a tie-breaker question of the time of the first goal in one of the games. The winner is the person who gets six correct answers and if more than one manage that the person who has the closest tie-break answer. If you get 6/6 but don’t manage the tie-break you will get a £20 free bet with a 7 day validity.
Each correct answer earns points too, the amount of points depends on the odds of that specific outcome. These points are tallied on an overall leader board with additional end of season prizes available. Prize is in cash and yes the odds of you winning is low but you have to remember this is a free jackpot game.
The Football Super Series game from Coral is a free prediction game where you need to answer four questions about the weekly featured match. These are things like correct score, result, first team to score, corners, etc. Get 4/4 correct guesses and win £50 in cash, not shared between all winners, each individual with 4/4 gets £50.
If you get three correct but one wrong you will still be awarded a £2 free bet and two correct will even grab you a £1 free token (credited in 24 hours, valid 7 days). You can use them on any sports with cash winnings (stake not returned).
This year Coral are also giving a £25,000 montly jackpot prize to the player who gets the most points on the leaderbaord, with each correct prediction worth 1 point. If more than one person gets the same points the prize is shared.
There are now lot of footy predictors out there and most have big cash prizes, but frankly you are very unlikely to win. With the Correct 4 game the general prizes are much lower but the chances of winning are a lot higher, which I think most people would prefer. Plus there is a monthly jackpot too, best of both worlds.
One entry per customer per week, UK & IRE online and mobile users only.
How to win with a free bet or bonus
There is no way to guarantee a bet will win but you can make sure you are getting the best possible value from your bookie so that when you do win you get maximum returns. Here are a few general points to consider when picking the best free bet and bonus offers to bet with.
- Cash is King – The best offers give you cash in reward. This is a good benchmark for an offer (and often a bookie). Think about the best bookie offeer, they don’t do free bets they always reward in cash.
- Free Tokens – There is nothing to say a free token is any less valuable than a bonus. Free bets generally have no odds restrictions (so you could just put them on a banker) and your winnings should automatically come back in cash. As a negative you don’t get your stake back and you have to bet the token in one go.
- Bonus Cash – These are a little trickier, if you are paid out in bonus cash this can be good as it lets you split the cash into multiple wagers. The promo cash is also usually returned as part of the winnings. These come with more restrictions than free bets however, there are usually minimum odds and you need to wager the promo cash several times over to convert it to real cash. Saying that you can withdraw the bonus itself once you meet the requirements.
- Back Yourself with a Free Bet – If you’ve got a free token you can either stick it on a low odds bet to ensure you at least get some cash or you can back yourself and go for the bigger odds lines. I’m not saying put stupid bets on but in general with free tokens you may as well go for a line that will give you decent returns, evens or greater at least. If you go really big (>10/1) check there are no maximum odds or winnings limits.
- Be More Cautious with a Bonus – Most bonuses are withdrawable but you need to rollover the amount several times to convert it to cash. There will be minimum odds (usually 1/2 (1.50) or more) but this doesn’t mean you need to go crazy backing very high odds. If you’ve got a £20 bonus with 6x rollover let’s say you will need to bet £120 of bonus and winnings to convert to cash, a single 5/1 win will give you enough funds to do this. In general it helps to split your bonus up to give yourself the best chance of winning in the end.
- Bonus Stake Not Returned – There is a third type of bonus that is becoming more common, it’s more like a free bet in that the stake is not returned and winnings are paid in cash, and so are withdrawable. These bonuses however provide the best of both worlds when you can find them as you avoid the wagering requirements seen with normal bonuses but you can split the bonus into multiple bets which you can’t do with a free bet.
Common Terms and Conditions
The most common reason for not getting the best out of an offer is not understanding the terms in advance. What’s the point opting into an offer to get a freebie just to let it expire or become invalid? Here are some common major terms you should familiarise yourself with to get the best from free tokens and bonus funds.
- Expiry – Punters lose out very often from expired free bet tokens and bonuses. It really is worth checking how long the freebie is valid for, some have long expiries of a week or more whereas others vanish after 24 hours. If you place your bet on a Saturday and get a freebie don’t necessarily expect it to still be there the next week. Don’t assume either that all free bets from the same bookmaker have the same terms. If the bookie has given you something for free at the very least make sure you use it in time, even a throw away bet is better than no bet at all.
- Minimum Odds – It is mainly bonuses that come with minimums but occasionally free bets do too so check. You will be allowed to place bets with bonus funds below the minimum odds but they will not contribute to the rollover.
- Maximum Odds – Freebets can come with maximum odds, usually if this is stipulated it should be 10/1 or more, bonuses rarely have maximum odds.
- Maximum Winnings – This can apply to both types of offer. This is usually quite high (several thousand) but something to be aware of if you are using your freebies on high odds lines or big accumulators.
- Restricted Markets – Freebies are usually open to all markets but for some promotions they can be restricted. The bet may stipulate that it must be wagered on football, on an accumulator, etc. Some free tokens are restricted for use on horse racing too. Bet types such as full cover bets (e.g. Luck 15), tote bets and other more exotic markets can also be restricted.