Horse Racing Faller Insurance
During the jump season one of the biggest disappointments a punter can have is when a horse falls at a fence before even having a shot at the winning post. To give you an idea of the size of this problem, during the last National Hunt season alone Coral the bookmaker refunded bets on 1062 horses that fell in their selected races.
Although jump races are held year round the National Hunt jump season proper lasts from mid-October through to the end of April. Seen as less prestigious than flat races with generally lower prize money the National Hunt does boast possibly the two biggest races in the world in the Aintree Grand National and the Cheltenham Gold Cup.
In this article we will tell you what bookmakers are giving the best insurance if your horse does fall. We will tell you the races to look out for and how to best bet and win with faller insurance as well as common terms and conditions.
Best Faller Insurance Bookmakers & Betting Sites
MansionBet are a relatively new sportsbook but they are not a new brand overall, with one of the most successful online casinos in the UK. They therefore understand how what customers want and how to deliver it. This is one reason why they have launched faller insurance for this season of jump racing.
As many other bookies have reduced their maximum stake refund to £10 MansionBet have stuck with a maximum refund of £25. The offer applies to win bets of £5 or more (or £5+ each-way) and gives you your money back (maximum once per race) at all races in a selected meeting each day. Applicable meetings are advertised over a month in advance too so you can plan your betting.
Refunds are credited as a free bet usually within 24 hours (3 days max) and will be then valid for 2 days from when they are credited. The tokens can be used on any sports markets, cash winnings stake not returned.
RaceBets faller insurance offer doesn't cover you if you horse falls at any time, only if it fumbles at the first fence, but the offer does have the advantage that it is available on all United Kingdom and Ireland jump races.
The fact that most horses that fall also fall at the first fence means this promotion can add a lot of value over a season, especially for those non-headline races not covered by other brands faller insurance.
The deal covers all win, and the win component of each-way wagers, up to £25. You will receive your money back as a bonus with a three times wagering requirement attached. Customers can claim this cover in every available race.
The faller cover available from 10Bet isn't quite as big as other comparable offers and is only available on mobile, refunding win stakes up to £10 if a horse falls, is brought down or a jockey unseated. Although the max refund is lower this offer has the benefit of being available for at least one meeting each day during the National Hint season.
Therefore if you bet on lots of jump racing, more than just the big feature race meetings, then you could certainly get a lot back over the course of a season with 10Bet. Money back as an unrestricted free bet valid for one week, use at odds between evens and 7/1 claim up to once/race.
In addition get money back if your horse is beaten into second by a head in any race. Most bookies only run these offers for the flat season but 10Bet run their '2nd by a head or less' promotion all year round, in addition to faller insurance.
How To Bet and Win with Faller Insurance
During the Jump season it certainly makes sense to take these deals when available. Combined with other features such as best odds guaranteed and enhanced odds deals they can really add value to your bets.
National Hunt races tend to have larger fields than flat races and are usually longer. Faller insurance is particularly useful in large fields where conflict between horses can cause more falls or jockeys being unseated. The weather is also a major factor, it is obvious that wet and muddy tracks (which naturally occur more in the winter during the jump season anyway) will make slips and falls more common. Finally consider both the distance and the types of jumps to be tackled. Hurdles races have smaller fences than steeplechases and so less horses falling.
In the long run if you primarily back outright win singles on jump races the faller insurance will give you higher returns. As with the Coral offer, if you are getting features such as best odds guaranteed and enhanced places anyway the deals can really add up to a tidy racing packages.
By the way don't expect to get faller insurance on the Grand National, but do expect to see faller insurance for the Cheltenham festival.
Faller Insurance T&C's
- Pulling Up – If the horse pulls up with jockey still seated then you will not get your money back.
- Other Non-Finishing Reasons – If the horse fails to finish for any reason other than falling, unseating or being brought down then you will not qualify for the refund.
- Each-Way – You will only be refunded on win singles or the win part of each way bets. Place bets, tote bets and other will not be included in the promotion. Bets on Win-only or other special markets will also not be counted.
- Stewards Decision – This is final and binding for the bookie.
- Bumper Races – These are flat races at National Hunt meetings. If there is a bumper race included in a qualifying meeting then there is no reason why faller insurance shouldn’t be applied. Then again there is much less reason for your horse to fall.
- Refund – Most refunds will be as a free bet, or even a restricted free bet that can only be wagered on horse racing. The free token must be wagered in one go and will expire after a given time. Occasionally some bookie may offer faller insurance with cash or promo cash refunds. Stakes will also only be returned to a certain amount, usually £25.
- Ante-Post – These bets will usually not qualify for the money back promotions. The Coral deal for example applies to bets placed on qualifying meetings from 6pm the day before the race for example.
- Disqualification - If your horse is disqualified then you will not be paid out, either if it wins or a refund if it falls.