Odds Boost, Price Boost, Price Promise & Enhanced Odds Offers
Whatever the name promise, boosting, rushing, pushing, these are simply offers that temporarily enhanced the price of a betting line, an event or even an entire market. When used correctly these deals can add a huge amount of value to your bets. At OnlineBetting.org.uk we always suggest that holding several betting site accounts in your portfolio really does give you the best opportunity to shop around and take the best offers available for any event you want to bet on.
By holding off your bets until the day of the event or even hours before you can often take advantage of last minute enhanced odds boosts. Odds are boosted late for two main reasons, firstly bookies don't want to show their hands to each other and secondly they don't want to over or under price the market too early on. This can happen commonly in racing.
Enhanced odds can be broken down into three major categories: price promisess (these are the best as they beat competitors odds whatever), odds boosts (let choose the bet that you want to apply a boost to, giving you full control) and price boosts (where specific single or multiple bets are boosted by the betting site). In this article we show you the best bookmakers for price promises, odds boosts and price boosts, what deals you are likely to find as well as how to best bet using price boosts and common terms and conditions to look out for.
There are tons of odds deals available from bookmakers but price promise has to be hands down the best regular odds enhanced offer around. Better than best odds guaranteed, better than price matching and better than price boosts. A price promise applies to all odds in a selected event and will guarantee that those prices will not only match those of top competitors but will beat them.
Offering a price promise deal is an expensive option for a bookmaker and currently there are very few price promise deals available from UK bookmakers and this kind of shows you how valuable they are.
Every week there’s a host of superb races broadcast live on ITV Racing and, as always, bet365's fantastic offers will ensure that you get the best value.
bet365 will constantly update their prices for all races shown live on ITV Racing to ensure that they offer the best price on every horse running.
This offer is applicable to all bets placed from 10am on the day of race up to 15 minutes before the scheduled ‘off’ time for each ITV race and only covers races shown live on ITV Racing unless otherwise stated by bet365. Best price or joint best price will be matched from the following list of Bookmakers: Ladbrokes, William Hill, Paddy Power, Coral, Sky Bet and Boylesports. Offer applies to bets placed on Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets only. All other markets, including Enhanced Price Win Only and Enhanced or adjusted place terms (Each Way Extra) markets that are priced separately to the Fixed Odds market and Tote/Pari-Mutuel/Colossus (bets and dividends), are excluded from this offer. Races covered by Price Promise are also available for Best Odds Guaranteed, for new and eligible customers.
So place your Horse Racing bets safe in the knowledge that the bet365 price is the best price. T&Cs apply.
Best Betting Sites For Boosting Your Own Odds
William Hill push a lot of prices every day on a wider range of sports than many other bookmakers. Their basic odds are fairly average but with their bet boost feature you can actually pick what bet you want the odds enhance on. In our experience the boost adds up to around 5-7% extra.
Similar to Ladbrokes, William Hill also let you choose which bets you want to increase the odds on, although rather than for any sport this will be for specific markets, such as horse racing, accumulators or football. There no odds restrictions apply and the boost can be applied to various stake levels depending on the offer.
The Bet Boost feature is often extended to cover high profile events too, such as giving you a boost on every race at a meeting, each match in a competition, each round in a fight, etc. On occasion WH also run bet boosts open to any sports and events, sometimes up to three each day.
In addition to this great feature Hill's also enhance a ton of bets each day. They cover all sports but of particular note are their horse racing price enhancements which tend to be generally bigger, more frequent and better than with other betting sites.
William Hill standard odds can sometimes leave a lot to be desired although they do push more lines than most and so on balance this is a good value bookie. Worth checking in daily to see what is available or at least to boost the one line of your choice.
Ladbrokes in recent years have become the home of the price boost. You will not get a wider and bigger range of daily price increases at any other bookmaker.
Firstly Ladbrokes now give you the option to boost whatever pre-event single bet you want (including accas). Once each day pick a bet and enhance the odds, any sport. You can do this for stakes up to £50, no minimum stake or odds requirements either. This is the prefect price boost as it puts the control in the bettors hands. All winnings are cash too.
In addition to the daily odds boost on literally any bet you can also get extra odds boost for big events and markets. Expect to see odds boost for major football matches, race meetings and any major televised sports.
Ladbrokes general boosts are good value too, in the region of 10-30% higher than standard, and considering Ladbrokes odds are good in general this makes most of their enhancements unbeatable. There are no stake or winning limits usually either.
It is impressive how many lines Ladbrokes enhance and not just for big football and racing events either, also get price boosts for pretty much every sport and market you could imagine. Ladbrokes are one to have an account with and visit first before placing any big bets, just to check if they have a boost. Most of their boosts will be on the day of an event.
Best Bookmakers For Price Boosts
10Bet are already famous for their very big selection of football leagues and markets, more than any other betting site, especially in play. Their latest feature called Pulse Bet lets you bet on a goal to be scored in the next 30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes or 10 minutes.
Your pulse bet is then split into three time periods (see image below) and as the time ticks down the amount you can win form the bet increases.
For example, bet on a goal in the next 30 seconds and the odds will increase after 15 seconds and again for the last 5 seconds. The closer to the end that a goal happens the bigger the payout.
Although this doesn't grab the headlines like a traditional price boost, over time, people who place bets on goals in play regularly will find they get more value from this feature. It also gives you more control over what odds are enhanced, rather than going for an off the shelf price boost.
Betfair enhance so many prices daily in their fixed odds sports book that they have their own price rush coupon. Betfair claim to have rushed over 5 million bets so far winning customers around an extra £40+ million.
The principle is the same as any other odds enhancement, each day all sorts of prices are rushed in a huge range of sports. The difference is the price rush is determined by checking prices against those on the Betfair exchange, if there is a big discrepancy your price may be rushed. Don't worry if you placed your bet before the rush you will still qualify for the enhanced terms. These bets are offered on a wide range of sports and can be found pre-event and in play. Price Rush bets can only be placed as singles but they do qualify for the Cash Out feature.p>Betfair rush over 10,000 different bets every day so there is a strong chance over time that these enhancements can add good value. Cash winnings, no limits and you can even cash all of these bets out if applicable. As with Ladbrokes, worth having an account to see if they have a rush on any wagers you want to place.
Betfair also run enhanced odds offers for new customers each and every week, these are event specific but if the bet wins can generally be more lucrative than the regular sign up deals. Betfair will also give you’re the stake back as a freebet anyway if the enhanced bet loses. Check out what enhanced odds bets are available for new customers from Betfair on our home page.
Unibet are not the place to go to get an odds boost on the 3rd race at Kempton on a Tuesday or for a championship Friday night game. They are however the place to go for enhancing prices on outright markets before big events. If you are betting on Cheltenham, the winners of the Champions League, Wimbledon, etc., they stop in here first.
In general Unibet are very honest, they would rather reward customers by enhancing a few of the big markets that we all want a slice of rather than bets that most of us don't use.
Horse racing price boosting is another popular feature with Unibet. Prices tend to be boosted shortly before races so certainly worth watching the price movements for big races. You can watch live racing here too with Unibet's excellent TV package.
Coral are more famed for their regular free bets and money back specials but they do have other major types of enhanced price promotions. Firstly if you don't have a Coral account take a look at their weekly enhanced odds new customer deals. When available Corals new customer deals can be found on our home page.
The other main price enhancements at Coral are their daily enhanced odds specials. As well as usual enhanced single prices Coral have a whole list of enhanced multiples (usually trebles) on lots of sports, football, rugby, etc. This isn't just top games either, find enhanced multiples on lower league and foreign leagues too. This will include not just outright results but also goalscorer multiple enhancements, team specials and many more. It is hard to predict exactly what prices will be enhanced every week but you must check Coral out first as they can really add value to your bets I you were going to place a multiple bet anyway.
Types of Enhanced Odds Offers
This type of offer is most commonly found within horse and greyhound racing but also found with other sports on occasion. The offer simply guarantees the best odds on a specific market for a given time or event. This type of offer promises the best odds out of a list of other competitor bookmakers but not every bookmaker so this doesn't necessarily mean there still aren't better odds around. A typical example would be something like a price promise that guarantees the best odds on all 5+ football accumulators out of a list of other bookies.
It is common to get this type of offer for outright bets in big tournaments and competitions too. At a World Cup for example many bookies will compete to give the best outright price on a certain team or even the entire market. Don't just automatically go to your normal bookie for these types of popular bets, have a look on here to find the best offers available.
Price Boost and Price Rush
This offer type was coined by a series of bookies who operate regular and temporary enhanced odds promotions. Whatever the name, price boost, price rush, bet bundles, etc. they are all similar. The terms of these offers are really simple. The odds on a specific betting line or whole market are enhanced for a certain time before an event, these are very temporary offers and may only be valid for a day or even a matter of hours or minutes.
Strictly speaking I would define a price boost as an enhanced odds offer with a short shelf life, under a week for sure. Some offers claim to be price boosts but then stay around for weeks, to me these are just conventional enhanced odds promotions. Some bookmakers have enhanced odds promotions on a daily or weekly basis on all sorts of markets and lines not just horse racing and football. In our article on price boosts and price rushes you will find guides to the betting sites that offer enhanced odds lines, examples of common deals, markets covered as well as how to win using these deals and common terms.
Boost Your Own Odds
A new feature being launched by some of the bigger bookies like Ladbrokes and William Hill is the ability to pick your own bets to price boost.
This is usually restricted to one bet each day but then the maximum stake limits tend to be high and all winnings are in cash. This is the absolute best way to give you the optimal chance of winning with enhanced odds, as here you have the control, not the bookie. Whatever single bet you want to place, including multiples, in any sport, is available giving you all of the options. This means you don't need to settle for whatever enhanced lines the betting site is offering, you can instead define the odds boosts.
For punters that bet on a regular basis this is one of the best possible ways to add long term value to betting. The ability to boost your own odds won't increase you chances of winning, that is still down to how accurate your own predictions are, rather what they will do is ensure you are getting better returns when you do win.
One word of caution with these offers. It is still always worth checking who has the best odds as standard, sometimes even with an odds boost the price could be worse than somewhere else.
This is a similar idea to what supermarkets do to match grocery prices. It is a similar idea to a price promise but here you are agreeing to match the best odds rather than beat them. Effectively this is a bookmaker promising to match the best price available from a list of other bookies. Note this is different to matching a bet on a betting exchange like Betfair.
Price matching is common again in horse racing but like price promises these can be found with for popular outright bets particularly. An example of a bet like this might be who is going to win the Premier League, bookies compete heavily on bets like this. A bookie may guarantee to match the best price out of a series of other bookies to encourage you to place your season bets with them. They are hoping you will go on and continue to bet with them during the season. If you can find these bets this is an excellent way of securing that you get great odds. Again beware the price will be matched to a defined list of other bookies so this doesn't mean there aren't better odds still around from bookies not included in the matching offer.
The most common type of price matching is the best odds guarantee provided by many betting sites for horse and greyhound racing. Find out what bookies provide best odds guarantees.
Enhanced Place Terms
This is an offer type mainly restricted to horse racing but again can be found in a range of sports where each way and place bets can apply. Enhanced place terms come in two major forms. The first boosts the number of places that you will be paid out on for an each way or place bet, lets ay your paid out on 4 places instead of 3. The other type of enhanced place terms boosts the odds given, here say you get a quarter of the winning odds for an each way bet you may get a third of third of the odds instead.
Many bookies have these offers for horse racing. You should be able to find enhanced place terms for bigger races and meetings especially if televised. BetVictor are particularly good at offering this type of promotion but not exclusively and you will see them with most bookies from time to time. This type of offer is also popular for major outright betting other sports too, for example instead of being offered 2 places for an each way bet on who wins the premier league some bookies will often enhance this to 3 places.
Using the enhanced place terms offer is a balance, if placing an each way bet you want to get the best odds you can for a win but also the bet place terms if your bet places instead.
New Customer Enhanced Odds Promotions
These are temporary sign up offers specific to an event and these don't tend to run very long, if you can grab them sometimes these can be better than the standard welcome bonus. An example of an enhanced odds introductory offer may be something like Arsenal are playing Stoke in the FA Cup final so Arsenal's true odds will be short, well below evens to win. You may see a new customer promotion offering silly odds like 5/1 on Arsenal when you sign up, this bet will have a maximum stake, say £10, but if you win you can often win more than the standard offer. With these offers you will generally get the free bet or welcome sign up bonus offer anyway if your bet were to fail so these offers are pretty much win-win.
Some bookies like Coral, Betfair and Ladbrokes are better at giving these offers than others. Most new customer deals are focused around big events and weekend football. Find all available new customer enhanced odds on our front page.
Double Odds, Triple Odds Enhanced Offers
I would associate most of these offer types with Befred with their classic Double Delight and Hat-trick Heaven promotion, but these can be found with lots of bookies intermittently. This offer does exactly what it says on the tin, place a bet and get enhanced double odds or less commonly triple odds.
Sometimes used to attract new sign ups but very common for regular customers too these offers can come in all shapes and sizes, often temporary offers restricted to a certain event (e.g. double winning if your team win by 2+ goals).
Enhanced Odds Coupons
These are enhanced fixed odds multiple bets and accumulators. Really common for existing customers to try to ensure retention. Available through loads of bookies, one of my favourites personally for this type of offer is Coral.
Offers may go along the lines of 'Liverpool, Tottenham and West Ham all to win 6/1', the true odds would be lower than this, say 4/1. These bets really do put the odds in your favour and if you were going to place an accumulator on those teams anyway you may as well get the enhanced odds offer.
How to Win With a Price Boost
- Boost Your Own Odds - With some bookies you can now pick your own bets to enhance the odds of. This give you as the punter full control allowing you to place the bet that you want to without feeling pushed into it due to an existing enhancement.
- Pick Your Bet In Advance – An enhanced odds price can really add value to your bet if you were going to place the wager in the first place and then you find a boosted price. Many bookies rely on you placing your price boost bet on a whim and this can be the downfall for the punter. If you want to bet on Man U v Arsenal then have a scout around for a rushed price but don't be sucked into betting on Aston Villa v Stoke if that’s not the bet you want to place.
- Sign Up With a Few Bookies – If you like enhanced deals it really makes sense to have a portfolio of bookies. This allows you to shop around to find the best price boosts on the events you want.
- When To Bet – This is an important consideration. Bookies like Coral and Betfair will honour all boosted priced to punters who placed their wager before the price was boosted (except ante psost bets and some others). This is not true of all price boost deals and rather than feel like you’ve missed out our advice is to wait until nearer the event if possible as this is when you will see the most enhanced odds promos.
- Enhanced Multiples – Again think about what type of bet you want to place in advance. If you want to bet on 3 teams to win in an acca but instead you end up taking an enhanced multiple with the same teams but to win and both teams to score; they all win but not all teams score, here you have lost where your original bet would have won.
- Take Several Deals – For the biggest events many bookies will offer enhanced prices. These will usually have max stakes or max winnings limits so if you fancy placing a bigger bet why not split the bet between several promotions?
- Terms – Check the terms of the bet, including minimums, payouts, etc. common terms associated with price boosts and price rushes can be found below.
- Singles and Multiples – Most enhanced odds promotions are for single lines, this is especially the case with short term price boost and price rush features. If you want to combine your bet with other selections check the terms first as this may not just result in you not getting the boosted odds but your entire bet could be voided. Some price boost offers can be used in multiple bets but may be restricted, e.g. for horse racing only.
- Coupons – Enhanced Odds multiples tend to come in the form of specific coupons. This may either be an open coupon where you can make a number of selections with guaranteed odds (e.g. 4 selections guaranteed odds of 15/1). The other more common form is a bookie to offer a specific enhanced odds multiple, usually doubles or trebles. These can really enhance your odds but don't be caught out, only place these bets if you either fancy them or if you intended to make that multiple bet anyway. In an enhanced odds treble of Man City, Arsenal and West Brom, if you don't fancy West Brom to win don't get sucked into the bet.
- Maximum Bet/Payout – Bookies use enhanced odds bets to attract and retain customers. These are great at pushing the odds in your favour but are quite often capped. Many offers will have either a maximum stake or a maximum payout so make sure you read these terms in advance.
- Cash Out and Features – Some enhanced bets will not qualify for other features an promotions with a bookie. For example Cash Out is sometimes not available on some bet offers, or the bet may not qualify towards other free bet promotions or reload bonuses that you may be enrolled in. Free bets may also be restricted meaning you might not be able to use them in combination with an enhanced odds promotion.
- Price Promises and Matching – Remember for these bet types the bookie is promising or matching a price from a list of other big bookies but this is not all bookmakers. Just because you get a price promise or price match from a bookmaker doesn't mean there are not better odds still available. Check odds comparison services before taking up the offer.
Common Price Boost T&Cs
- Watch Out For Minimums – Many of these offers will have minimum bet amounts required to activate the deal, look out for these to make sure you are in the limits.
- Maximum Stake / Winnings – Many of these deals are headline grabbers that bookies will run at cost or a loss, therefore your qualifying stake (or winnings) are usually limited. If the enhanced offer pays out on a stake up to £25 for example any additional stake will be paid out at the original odds price. If you're going to place a £1000 bet in those circumstances then you will be better off finding better raw odds than a price boost in that instance.
- Free Bets, Bonuses and Cash – Not all enhanced winnings are paid in cash. Some offer will pay all winnings in withdrawable cash. Others will pay out on the original odds in cash and then any enhanced winnings as a free bet or bonus cash.
- Non-Runners, Void Bets And Rule 4 – If a price is boosted, on a horse in a race for example, and the field is reduced due to disqualification, etc., then the enhanced odds may be reduced according to Rule 4 or other bet terms. Again always check.
- Time Limits – Possibly the most important thing to check with an enhanced bet. Some bookies will advertise an enhanced odds bet but from a certain time (e.g. 10am) place the bet before this time and you won't get the boosted price.
Price Promise Terms and Conditions
- Ante Post – When taking a price promise check the time after which the deal applies. For racing price promises this is generally on the day of the race. Ante post bets are generally not included.
- Win / Each Way – The horse racing price promise should apply to the win and the place price of the horse. If you are given ¼ odds on each way for example it will still be a quarter of the enhanced odds.
- Other Bet Types – Not all bet types will be included in the offer so check if you are placing more than a win single. For example enhanced win and live betting prices are usually not included.
- Parimutuel Bets – Parimutuel wagers, such as totepool, are peer-peer and based on the size of the pool rather than fixed odds so will not be included in the deal.
- Full Cover Bets – Lucky 15 and other full cover bets should be included in the price promise as the enhanced price should just count as one line in the multiple bet. This should also apply to accumulators and other multiple bets.
- Markets – For price promises on other sports check which markets are included. BetVictors acca price match for example only included match betting markets for football.
- Selections - If taking an accumulator price guarantee check the minimum and maximum number of picks this relates too. Also check what will happen if you combine selections from other sports, e.g. if there is a 5+ footy multiple guarantee and you place a 6-fold although one selection is tennis, will the guarantee still apply to the other 5 football picks?
- Maximum/Minimum Stakes – There may be a stake maximum or indeed minimum that the price promise will apply to. It is worth checking in advance.