We all love an offer and you won't find an industry with more promotions than with online betting. In this section we explain some of the common deals you are likely to find with bookmakers to help you chose the right betting offer for you. We also list specific betting offers by sport and type on our various feature pages.
Free bets and offers give you as the punter an excellent opportunity to beat the bookie and put the odds in your favour. Many bookmaker offers seem the same on the surface but T&C's can be widely different and here we help you discern these differences so end up placing the right bet.
What is football acca insurance? What is a football jackpot? How do you bet on both teams to score? Where can I find Lucky 15 offers? We answer these questions and more.
UK Free Bet Offers (Full List)
3 x £10 Free Bets, Use Code 30f
Boost Your Own Odds
Bet £25 Weekly Get £5 Free
Excellent Customer Retention
Best Football Odds
£30 Free Bet & 30 Free Spins
Plus Tons Of Retention Deals
Top Football Prices
Multiple Bet Club
Three £10 Bet Tokens
Long Validity 60 Days
First Bet Matched £5-10
Huge Value Loyalty Schemes
Price Rush + Good Offers
Tons of Daily Offers
Best Racing Betting Site
We all love to get a nice introductory bonus from a bookie, it gives us punters a great means to test out how closely a bookie matches our expectations. The problem is when we do find a bookie we like the deals can dry up leaving you tempted to move elsewhere and take up another welcome offer. Here we show you some bookies who take their customers loyalty a little more seriously and give you the option to get regular rewards, prizes and enhanced deals.
Accumulators actually predate single match betting by a long way. Think back to the early days of the football pools, basically a football accumulator for draw betting. In fact it was only in the last twenty years that the 'minimum trebles' rule was even abolished on footy betting. Initially in order to bet on the match you needed to make at least 3 selections. This is good news for you as the punter as it means bookies have a long history in offering accumulator bonuses.
For information on accumulator betting see our betting guide.
Acca insurance is a very popular betting promotion in the UK, mainly applied to football but quite often available for other sports such as Tennis and Rugby and occasionally found as multi-sport. Accumulator insurance offers usually give you your money back as a free bet if a selection lets you down when your accumulator has met a number of conditions.
These conditions vary between bookies, if you play accumulators regularly and are not using an offer then find out more here.
Accumulator bonuses are different to acca insurance, rather than giving you your money back if a selection lets you down you get enhanced terms if your accumulator comes in with a minimum number of selections. Called acca bonuses these offers are very popular and are provided by many online bookmakers.
Some bookies have tiered percentage returns based on the number of selections whereas other just have a flat rate with a minimum number of picks. Conditions can vary between sites with many having maximum stake and payout limits that are really worth knowing about. Some also pay in cash where as others pay in free bet tokens. See our acca bonus article to find the right bookmaker offer for you.
There are some really great deals going right now that give free bets to regular accumulator bettors, particularly for football. You can find full descriptions on our acca free bets page.
Enhanced Odds and Price Boost Offers
Enhanced odds and extra place offers are very common for football and horse racing but can be found on any event where a decent amount of cash is laid down. Regular enhanced odds promotions from individual bookmakers are highly variable in terms of overall value and so in our guide you can find the right site for you bases on the things you want to bet on.
Most odds enhancements are run with low margins or even at a cost to the bookie to try to attract your custom. Shopping around and using enhanced odds well can really pay off over time. The main things to be aware of with enhanced odds promotion are limits, is there a stake or payout cap on the offer and does the deal pay all winnings in cash or are extra winnings paid in free bets? We discuss all of the common offers here and where to find them.
This is a type of temporary offer that enhances odds on certain selections or lines for given events, both singles and multiples. This type of offer is often found in outright betting especially around big tournaments, races and matches.
Bookies use these offers to get customers to place their bets with them in the hope you will bet on other selections at normal odds. Bookies will often run at cost or even a loss with these promotions so keep an eye out for them and grab them when they come up.
Price Promises are only provided by some of the very best bookies and are different to best odds guarantees or enhanced odds. They provide consistent value for regualr customers who bet on qualifying markets without you needing to opt in.
For example, BetVictor promise to beat the price at the time of bet placement of its major competitors for all 5+ football match betting accumulators. If you place bets like these on a consistent basis then you can find a lot of long term value in price promises.
Price promises are rare simply because they are so generous and whenever they apply they generally will add positive value to your betting over a period of time.
Double and triple odds are now available from a range of bookies.
Many deals are available now on all sorts of sports and events not just football with 2x and 3x odds available on a variety of promotional bets.
The main thing to consider is whether you are getting genuine higher odds with cash winnings or whether you are being paid out enhanced winnings as a bonus or a free bet. Also beware of limits and qualifying requirements.
Offers in this section mainly apply to low scoring sports, mainly football, but occasionally other sports such as Ice Hockey are included around big events.
Football offers are by far the biggest and most high value around. Almost 70% of all money bet online is wagered on football so it is no surprise that bookmakers pump a lot of money into attracting customers to place their footy bets with them.
The draw happens in football in around one third of games yet less than 10% of bets are placed on the draw. Why? Because nobody wants to see a draw, especially as many of us back our own teams. Draw insurance offers are available from a few good bookies and used well these can save you a packet on lost stakes over time.
Most offers cover money back on correct score, first goalscorer, scorecast and half-time/full-time markets although it is worth looking out for minimum and maximum stake restrictions as well as what leagues qualify.
As the most popular betting sport in the world football attracts the best value free bet and bonus deals you will see. There are two major type of free bet offer, those that require you to join a club and bet a certain amount to get a free bet, these are usually restricted to accumulator bets, and those that give you a bonus every time you bet.
We only list long term deals which will give your consistent value through the season including acca freebet clubs, in play freebies, goalscorer bonuses and more. With so much choice it is important to find the right offers to fit the way you want to bet.
Have you ever bet on the first goalscorer and then the fella goes and scores the second goal instead, you could just punch him couldn't you. Well bookies have lots of attractive goalscorer and other goal offers to help you out here. These range from each way offers so if that scenario did happen you will get paid out to specific offers such as a refund on all goalscorer bets if a given player is to score.
Some bookies will pay out extra if your player scores more than once, and more. With so many different offers about make sure you are betting with the right one.
- Football Jackpot – This is a long shot, but very fun, pool bet with Coral for a bit of a laugh alongside your normal accumulator. Pick who you think are going to win out a list of 15 preselected matches and you could win a massive jackpot if it comes in. For a stake as little as £1 you can win over £100,000. If no one wins the pot is rolled over to the next week.
- Golden Goal - Free prediction game from BetVictor each week for the Sunday late kick off (usually 4pm) match (or other if no Sunday game). Guess the correct score, first player to score and the minute they will score in to win or share a prize pool worth a minimum of £25,000 each week. If nobody wins the prize the jackpot rolls over with a further £25k added each week. No deposit or bets required, all prizes in cash that can be withdrawn.
Horse Racing & Greyhound Racing Offers
The offers listed here are mainly applicable to Horse Racing and Greyhound Racing but can sometimes be found with motorsport and other racing events.
Horse racing is a massive industry in the UK with over 11 million adults betting at least once a year on the nags. The number of money back, insurance and extra winnings for winners offers now available is staggering and it can be difficult to spot the value ones from the duds.
Betting on the tote gives better odds than normal horse racing betting. Tote betting is peer-peer, here you win the pool which is relative to the amount of money bet and the number of people betting. This gives high payouts but is also hard to win, this is often seen as a more fun type of bet like the lottery.
Betfred own the tote but licence it out so many bookmakers offer tote and totepool betting and associated promotions to get you involved. What are totepool offers and how do you tell the difference between them – here we discuss the tote deals and terms from different bookies.
Best odds guarantees are now offered by most big online bookmakers but are they all equivalent? This promotion is usually restricted to UK and Irish horse and dog racing but some bookmakers offer the deal on international races or even all races on the site so some offers are better than others.
The principle is if you back a horse at say 4/1 and the odds end up drifting out and the industry starting price ends up higher, sat 9/2 then you will be given the better SP odds. If the SP odds are not better than the odds you took then you will stick with your original odds. BOG Plus from Ladbrokes will even enhance the SP price further by over 10%. Learn more about best odds guarantees and how bookmakers offers differ.
These types of feature race offers are becoming more common and are again usually linked to big televised race meetings and events, usually to be found on the weekend.
The idea is if you back a winner with minimum odds (e.g. 4/1 or more) in a qualifying race you will be given a free bet on the next qualifying race at the same stake. These bets tend to ride so if you are really lucky backing one winner can lead to free bets on a few more. Like all offers bookies have different terms and qualifying events.
Some bookies will give you a free bet or bonus the first time you bet on racing or if you bet on select races too.
You will find lots of different money back offers horse and greyhound racing especially around big races. Common offers include money back if your horse loses by a head or money back if your dog loses by a length in qualifying races.
Sometimes more attractive money back deals are given around prestigious races, for example money back if your horse finishes second and sometimes outrageous bets such as money back if your horse loses.
These offers are rare but not to be missed.
Want to still win or get your money back if your horse is disqualified? Horses can be disqualified for a range of technical reasons and it can be really frustrating if this happens to you. Occasionally a good bookie will payout on both the disqualified horse and the official winner following a steward's inquiry, this even applies to ante-post bets.
Most betting sites will give you your stake back if the horse or dog is a non-runner but unfortunately once the race comes under starters orders there is little you can do if your horse fails before the race has even begun. This is not the case any more. BetVictor, for example, have pioneered a 'guaranteed run for your money' stake refund if your horse refuses, fails to come out or loses all chance in the stalls.
Faller insurance is an offer mainly restricted to jump racing and does what it says on the tin. If your horse falls in a qualifying race then you will get your money back, usually as a free bet.
Coral have the best and most long standing offer, although there are now many to choose from with different terms and conditions. All give a stake refund if your horse is brought down by another horse, unseats the jockey or falls.
Faller insurance terms vary and generally only applicable on win bets. These bet types usually do not include horses that pull up, refuse or run out. For this type of insurance take a look at out failure to start article instead
What are Lucky 15 offers and how do you bet on a Lucky 15? A Lucky 15 is a type of full cover bet that combines several multiple and single bets into one package. This means allows you to cover every accumulator, treble, double and single possible from your selections.
The Lucky 15 was developed by Fred Done of Betfred in the 1980's and has since become a highly popular bet with many offers available. Find out more about how to play a Lucky 15 and how offers on this bet type work. This section also covers how to bet on a Lucky 31, how to bet on a Lucky 63 and how to bet on full cover betting in general.
The offers listed here are mainly applicable to Tennis but can sometimes be found with other racket sports.
- Acca Insurance – Tennis commonly have acca insurance offers around the bigger events, such as money back if one leg lets you down out of 5+ selections.
- Accumulator Bonus - Accumulator bonuses can be found for tennis betting, with a particularly attractive tired offers now available from several bookies.
- Enhanced Odds – Very common in tennis around big events. You will often see offers like Murray and Nadal both to win 3/1 for example.
- Grand Slam Free Bet – Vernons are running a promotion that will give you money back as a free bet on outright match winner bets up to £50 if the player goes on to lose in the 5th set of any Grand Slam match. Min bet £1 and no minimum odds.
- Tennis In Play Free Bet – Another Vernons Tennis deal. Place 5 consecutive £5+ bets on different tennis in play markets and get a £5 free bet whatever the outcome of your wagers. All single bets on tennis markets qualify with minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50).
Expect to find a lot of Rugby promotions around bigger tournaments such as the RFU and Rugby League world cups, the six nations championship, Champions Cup and Super League. Regular year round Rugby offers are few and far between but there are a couple of long standing offers available.
- Accumulator Offers – You will likely see specific acca offers for the big tournaments but in the meantime if you want to get rugby acca insurance for other games why not take up an all sports acca offer.
- Enhanced Odds – Rugby has plenty of enhanced odds deals around big cup and league meetings. These are usually found in the form of enhanced fixed odds accumulators, enhanced outright betting and more.
- Double Delight – A long standing enhanced odds offer from Betfred. Back a first try scorer and get double the odds if the scorer goes on to score a second.
- Rugby Union Money Back – Another great regular offer from Vernons. Place a pre-match wager on a 1st Try scorer Market and if the first score of the game is a Try you'll get a free bet token up to £50. Minimum bet £1, win singles only, in play bets do not qualify.
Golf as a sport doesn't quite carry as many offers as some other sports but you are virtually guaranteed to get a great offer around a big major or tour event. Enhanced odds promotions are common especially on outright markets such as tournament winner, these are usually found a week or so before the start of a major event.
- Accumulators – Accas can be placed on golf when group betting. Acca Insurance is often available on Golf through multi-sport offers such as those from Vernons and occasionally William Hill and can be taken advantage of all year round. During the majors season other bookies also run insurance which will be shown in the latest offers above when available.
- Money Back If An Englishman Wins – Vernons have a season long offer that will give you money back on outright bets on all Major golf tournaments if an Englishman goes on to win the tournament. Money back as a free bet up to £50, minimum bet £1, the free bet is valid for 7 days. Claim here.
- Extra Places – You can usually find a money back offer or extra place offer with enhanced place terms when outright and each way betting. Both Betfair and Paddy Power will regularly provide extra places on major golf events. For the very latest Golf promotions click here.